- Updated On:
- January 3, 2023
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
Kildavin Lodge is an absolutely charming countryside residence located in a stunning setting and highly sought-after area of Wexford. From the moment you enter the front door this c. 159 sq. m home will impress from start to finish, oozing sophistication and classic olde worlde features. Steeped in history it was once part of the Johnstown estate and is entered off a tranquil country road through two pillars with bespoke electric gates, which open to an attractive sweeping driveway leading to a parking area at the side of the house.
Presented to the market in superb condition offering an excellent layout briefly comprising entrance hallway, formal sitting room, sunroom, country style kitchen, utility room, family bathroom, and 3 bedrooms, one en-suite. Natural timber floors can be found throughout the property, which add an extra touch of allure and many wonderful features such as high ceilings, original fireplace & shutters. Its boasts a fabulous, homely atmosphere throughout having been maintained and lovingly cared for by the current owners for many years. Interior is traditionally elegant in each room there is also the added benefit of a beautiful patio area to the rear, nestled among mature and magnificent gardens, perfect for those seeking country living or a special place for entertaining! The bedroom accommodation is laid out on the first floor and comprises a master bedroom suite with 3 additional bedrooms. The master bedroom suite is an impressive and well-proportioned room with large windows that capture the spectacular views over the surrounding countryside. The house occupies a peaceful, countryside setting yet is conventionally situated near popular villages, Wexford town centre as well as being just moments away from numerous long sandy beaches.
This is a once-off opportunity to acquire a truly unique classic property in the highly sought-after region in the Southeast of the country. To truly appreciate this home and location, viewing is a must as properties of its kind are rare to hit the market.
Gardens & Grounds:
Well-appointed on a c. 0.84 acre site offering complete privacy and seclusion. The gardens and grounds are a key feature, which have been cleverly designed to maximise the aspect and the character of the property. There is a large, enclosed patio area with paved area and a gazebo as well as a detached studio / gym with WC. The well-kept lawns are bounded to the rear with an array of fruit trees and mature shrubbery. It is truly a gardener’s paradise.
- Kildavin Lodge is situated in a highly sought-after area of Wexford on a a scenic quiet road adjacent to the renowned Johnstown Castle, which enjoys beautiful lake walks. It is also surrounded by lots of forestry & mountain trails.
- Wexford forms one of Ireland’s sunniest regions and is commonly known as the “Sunny Southeast”.
- The property is positioned approx..1.5 kilometres outside the attractive village of Murrintown which offers all local facilities shops, schools churches etc.
- The seaside village of Kilmore Quay is approx. 10 minutes driving distance which provides plenty of superb beaches, restaurants, etc.
- Wexford town is less than 15 minutes and routes N11/M11/ N25 etc are all very easily connected.
- Rosslare Strand also located a short drive from Kildavin Lodge is a premium seaside resort which offers white sandy beaches, top class local restaurants, cafes, hotels and scenic walks along a number of different trails including the 5-kilometre stretch of sandy beach and Rosslare Harbour with magnificent views over the Irish Sea.
- Rosslare Europort is approx. 15mins driving distance which provides direct access to both the UK and France.
- c. 159 sq. m
Entrance porch – (1.70m x 1.40m)
Sitting room – (4.10m x 4.10m), Carpet flooring, feature fireplace, coving, centre rose light fixture, door to;
Sunroom – (6.50m x 5.40m), Glass ceiling, tiled flooring, TV room 6.70m x 4.20m Feature fireplace, bay window, TV point, coving, carpet flooring
Kitchen/Diner – (4.20m x 4.10m) Eye & waist level units, built-in storage, AGA stove with surround, tiled counter-top.
Utility – (3.00m x 3.60m), Tiled floor & splash-back, plumbed for appliances, Velux windows.
Guest WC – (1.60m x 2.20m)
Bathroom – (5.30m x 3.60m), WC, WHB, freestanding clawfoot bathtub, shower, fully tiled, heated towel rail.
Landing – (1.00m x 4.20m)
Bedroom 1 – (2.90m x 2.10m), Pannelled walls, carpet flooring.
Bedroom 2 – (4.20m x 4.20m), Carpet flooring, high ceiling.
Bedroom 3 – (4.00m x 4.20m), Carpet flooring, bay window, walk-in wardrobe.
Master bedroom 4 – (4.20m x 4.20m), Carpet flooring, high ceiling, door to;
En Suite – (2.00m x 1.60m), WC, WHB, shower, Velux window.
Services: Electricity, mains water, private sewerage, oil fired central heating.
BER: G Ber No: 114816580 Performance indicator: 479.25 kWh/m2/yr
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with the sole selling agent.
Eircode: Y35 E8H2